Congratulations Team Japan!
Hanabi Yokama Co. was the winner of Fire Up the Night 2014!
Please join us Saturday, September 26, 2015 for the 4th Annual Fire Up the Night!
See four fireworks shows in one night! You'll be amazed as teams from around the world compete for best fireworks display, followed by a stunning finale by Rozzi's! Plus, enjoy Coney's Classic Rides, live entertainment, and Party IN Sunlite Pool!
Gates open at 4:00
Fireworks begin at 8:30
$30 per carload - includes parking, Classic Rides and event admission
- Carload pricing applies only to average size vehicles (cars, trucks, minivans) with legally seated passengers. Additional passengers will be charged $5.00 per person.
- Season Passholders (passholder must be driving): $25 per carload
- Commercial and high-capacity vans and limousines: $50.00
- Buses and RV's: $100.00
- Walk-ins: $5.00
- No re-entry
- No outside food or beverage permitted
- Guests may bring chairs for seating. No lounge chairs or oversized chairs please.
Everyone loves a fireworks display! Join us for this spectacular display of sound, color and music along with an evening of family fun like no other!
Fireworks Competition: 8:30pm over Lake Como
Competitor and judge introductions will begin at 8:00 with Fox 19's Frank Marzullo and Megan O'Rourke.
The winner will be determined by a 5-judge panel and audience text vote. Panel will judge based on presentation, structure and scale, colors, originality and music synchronization. Audience text voting will open after final competitive display. Text info will be distributed on flyers at gate and will be posted throughout the park!
The first display will begin at 8:30 with about 20-30 minutes between each display. Following the international competition and Awards Ceremony, Rozzi's Famous Fireworks will fire up the night in a thundering finale not to be missed!
Yuengling Party IN Sunlite Pool
- Sunlite Pool will be EMPTY so you can take a seat and enjoy live music and a great viewing spot for the fireworks
- Beer & Wine Tasting - 4:30-7:30 - Sample an array of craft and international beers, domestic and international wines, and Japanese sake
- Live Music from Monk River Latin jazz band from 5:00-8:00
- See Spanish Flamenco dancers and a display by the Cincinnati Spanish school at the tents on the Kellogg Avenue side of the Pool
Japanese Cultural Pavilion
The Japan America Society of Greater Cincinnati will present a Japanese cultural display from 5:00-8:00 in Moonlite Pavilion. Activities will include Tea Service, Origami, Japanese Flea Market and Bunraku Puppet making by Madcap Puppets. Stage performances will include:
6:00 Sakura Ladies Chorus
6:30 SJM Children's Chorus
7:00 Youth Band
7:15 Sakura & SJM Kids & SJM Youth
German Beer Garden
- Enjoy German food and beer in Moonlite Square
- Live Nick Gulacsy Jr., the Akkordeon-Meister, from 5:00-8:00 at Moonlite Gazebo
More Event Highlights
- Classic Rides FREE with carload admission - see prices above
- Coney Island's live shows will be performed at Lakeside Pavilion at 4:30, 5:30, 6:30 and 7:30
- The event main stage for competitor and judge introductions is located in the northwest corner of the Pool area near the park's main gate
- In addition to our great concession stands, plenty of food & beverage locations will be set up around the park for your convenience
IMPORTANT TRAFFIC NOTES:
- Due to fireworks safety regulations, Kellogg Avenue (along Lake Como) and Coney Island's Gate One will be closed intermittently beginning at approximately 8:25pm. They will reopen briefly between each of the four fireworks displays. Vehicles parked through Gate One may not exit while the Gate is closed. Exiting through Gate One may resume between fireworks displays if Kellogg Avenue traffic allows.
- When traveling to Coney Island on I-275, you may use Exit 72 (Kellogg Avenue) or Exit 71 (New Richmond) to reach the park
- When leaving Coney Island, you can reach both eastbound and westbound I-275 whether you turn right or left on to Kellogg Avenue during exiting
Thank You to our 'Fire Up the Night' partners.
The inaugural ‘Fire Up the Night' in 2012 was the first fireworks competition EVER to be held in the United States! We thank all teams who have competed in this unique event and congratulate our champions from each year!
Pirotecnia Caballer S.S. (Valencia, Spain)
Hanabi Yokohama Co. (Yokohama, Japan)Innovative Pyrotechnik (Stuttgart, Germany)
|Brezac Artifices (Le Fleix, France)
Grupo Luso Pirotecnia (Almada, Portugal)
Panzera (Carignano, Italy)
|Alonzo Fireworks (Mechanicville, NY, USA)
Sirius Pyrotechnics (Quebec, Canada)
Lux Pirotecnia (Mexico City, Mexico)